Forgot your Windows 8 password and can’t log in with any sign-in option? Is there any Windows 8 password recovery software to reset or crack the password? Don’t panic. This article will explain how to reset lost Windows 8 local account, Microsoft account, PIN and Picture Password with ease.
1. Local Account
Local account password is stored in the SAM file using NT/LM hash. SAM is part of the Windows registry that is located in c:\windows\system32\config\. The SAM file is locked and cannot be accessed when the operating system is loaded. However, it is fully accessible if the computer is booted from a live recovery disk such as PCUnlocker.
PCUnlocker is a WinPE-based utility with simple graphical user interface. The program works offline and it creates its own boot environment. Once you boot into PCUnlocker Live CD, you can unlock / reset lost password of any user account on Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP.
2. Microsoft Account
In Windows 8 / 8.1, you can link a local account to your Microsoft account or create a brand new Microsoft account. After forgetting the Microsoft account password, you can reset it online via the Microsoft Account Password Reset page. But what to do if your Microsoft account is compromised or hacked?
Just like the domain logons, Windows caches the Microsoft account password locally which makes it possible to login without Internet connection. If you’re locked out of Windows 8, you can also reset the cached Microsoft account password with PCUnlocker, which allows you to log on to Windows 8 with a new password.
3. Picture Password and PIN
During Windows 8 installation, we must first create a local account or Microsoft account and then optionally set up a PIN or Picture Password. So if you’ve forgotten your PIN code or Picture Password, click Switch to password button on the picture logon screen and you can then use a local / Microsoft account to login.
Picture Password and PIN logon seem to be more secure than a local account. However, these two types of passwords are stored using reversible encryption, and you can decrypt and recover Windows 8 Picture Password and PIN easily as long as you can log into Windows with admin rights.
Forgot the website passwords that are stored by your web browser? With Password Recovery Bundle you can recover saved passwords from web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, SeaMonkey and Flock. This tool is particularly handy for those sites for which you’ve saved the password but long since forgotten what it is.
How to Reveal Saved Passwords in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome?
- Download and install Password Recovery Bundle on your local computer.
- After installing, start the Password Recovery Bundle program.
- Click the Start Recovery button. It will bring up a drop-down menu with a long list of supported password types, including Chrome / Opera / Firefox / Internet Explorer / Safari / SeaMonkey and Flock passwords.
- Select your desired option. For example, if you want to recover your stored passwords from Chrome, click on the Chrome Password option. The program will display a list of your saved login credentials, including the site URL, username, and password.
- After retrieving your browser passwords, you can save them into a text file for safe keeping or future use.
This tool can be used to recover your lost/forgotten password of any website, including Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and Gmail, as long as the password is stored by your web browser.
Can I recover email account password from SeaMonkey? Forgot the password stored in SeaMonkey but you need to use your email account on another computer? Don’t worry! There is an easy way to decrypt and extract passwords from SeaMonkey profile. With the Firefox Password Recovery program you can retrieve SeaMonkey password easily!
Firefox Password Recovery is small utility that allows you to recover saved passwords from Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Flock. Here we’ll walk you through the process of recovering SeaMonkey saved passwords.
How to Retrieve SeaMonkey Saved Passwords?
- Download the setup package of Firefox Password Recovery program on your computer.
- Once you’ve downloaded it, double-click the setup file to install it.
- Start the Firefox Password Recovery program. Click on the Start Recovery button, it will provide you with 5 recovery options.
- Choose the Recover SeaMonkey Password option. It will automatically find your SeaMonkey profile and retrieve all the saved passwords of your email accounts immediately.
Forgot the admin password on Windows 8 UEFI/GPT computer? Most of password recovery bootdisks won’t boot normally any more when dealing with UEFI BIOS. PCUnlocker should be the unique bootdisk which is fully compatible with UEFI/GPT computer. It enables you to reset lost Windows 8 password with a UEFI bootable CD or USB drive.
There are three editions of PCUnlocker: Standard, Pro and Enterprise. But only the Enterprise edition supports UEFI booting. In this tutorial we’re going to show you how to reset lost Windows 8 UEFI password using PCUnlocker Enterprise.
Step 1: Create A UEFI Bootable CD or USB Drive
After purchasing the full version of PCUnlocker Enterprise, you’ll get the download link of PCUnlocker_UEFI_x64.zip. Unzip it and you’ll get the UEFI bootable ISO image of PCUnlocker. Burn the ISO image to a blank CD or USB flash drive using ISO2Disc.
Step 2: Boot Your Locked PC from CD/USB Drive
Connect the CD or USB drive to your locked Windows 8 UEFI computer. Turn on the computer and press a key like F12 to bring up the Boot Menu. The exact key depends on your computer. If you can’t find a way to access the Boot Menu, you can either head over to BIOS for changing the boot order: set CD or USB drive as the first boot option.
Step 3: Windows 8 UEFI Password Reset
Now the computer will boot from the CD/USB drive. After a while, you’ll see the PCUnlocker program itself, which automatically searches your Windows 8 SAM registry file and locates all Windows 8 user accounts existing on your computer.
Choose a user account and then click on “Reset Password” button. The program will remove / reset your lost Windows 8 password, as well as unlocking the selected user account in case it is disabled, locked out or expired.
Remove the Live CD/USB drive and restart your computer. Now you can log back into your Windows 8 UEFI computer without a password!
Why do we need to convert AVI to MP4? MP4 is the most commonly supported video format on portable media devices such as iPhone, iPad, HTC, PSP, iPod, tablet and so on. Unlike AVI, MP4 video gives a high quality output and smaller in file size because of its high compression, which makes it the preferred choice of video format in most portable media devices.
Video Converter Assist is a simple yet powerful AVI to MP4 converter which can help you convert AVI to MP4 without any quality loss. Follow the steps below to see how simple it is to perform the AVI to MP4 conversion task in Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
Part 1: Download and Install Video Converter Assist
- Click here to download the setup package of Video Converter Assist and save it in a place that is easy to find, such as your PC desktop.
- When the download is complete, double-click the download file to run the installation wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Part 2: Convert AVI to MP4 Video in 3 Steps
- Launch the Video Converter Assist program. Click the “Add File” button to add your .AVI video files on your computer. This program supports batch conversion and allows you to convert multiple video files at one time.
- Simply choose “MPEG-4 Video Files (*.mp4)” as the output format, and then specify an output folder for saving the converted .MP4 video files.
- Click the “Convert Now!” button to begin your conversion. After the AVI to MP4 conversion is complete, you can go to the output folder to play the converted MP4 video files, or sync them to your portable devices.
If you have some MP4 files that you need to convert to AVI, Video Converter Assist can also help you encode them for playing on your Mac – the resulting output files will be playable on any Mac or Windows computer.
We are needing to perform a repair installation of our MS SQL Server 2012 installation and cannot locate our original product key. Is there some way in which we can recover our product key from the existing machine’s registry before we uninstall and re-install the software?
Lost of misplaced your SQL Server 2012 CD key? Is there any way to recover the product key from an installed instance of SQL Server 2012? Beginning with SQL Server 2005, Microsoft started encrypting the product key in the registry which means you won’t be able to find it that way. But don’t worry, you can recover it easily with Product Key Finder program.
How to Recover SQL Server 2012 Product Key (CD Key)?
- Download and install Product Key Finder, and then start the program.
- Click the Start Recovery button, it will bring up a drop-down menu that provides three recovery mode: From current system, From non-booting system and From remote computer.
- Select the From current system mode from the drop-down menu. This program will automatically scan your Windows registry, quickly find your lost SQL Server 2012 product key, along with license keys of Windows, Office and other programs.
- Now click on the Save To File button. It allows you to export the product keys into a text file.
In addition to find SQL Server CD key, this great little utility also retrieves the product keys for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office and many other applications.
I have a little sister who enjoys deleting folders and files that are important to me. I need an easy way to password protect my folders! How do I protect my folders and files from being deleted, or hide them from my sister?
We all have files on our system that are valuable to us and that we do not want to lose. This can be anything imaginable, from Office documents to images or video files. Luckily there is a simple program called Protect My Folders, which allows you to lock and password protect your folders. It prevents your data from being accessed, misused, moved, copied, altered or deleted. All of your protected folders and files remain inaccessible without your password.
How to Lock and Password Protect Your Folder in Windows?
- Download the Protect My Folders application. Install it on your computer.
- For the first time usage, it will ask you to set a password to prevent others from accessing this application. Just enter the password to open main interface.
- Now, click the “Add/Lock” button, the Add Files and Folders dialog will appear. Select a folder and file you want to lock and press OK.
- Now you’ll notice the selected folder or file has disappeared from its former location. Even if you try to copy, delete, move or rename the parent directory of your protected folder or file, you’ll keep getting the “Access Denied” error.
- Exit the Protect My Folders application. The protected folder or file remains protected.
Beside locking your folders or files with password, Protect My Folder program can also help you hide your folders so that no one will ever know that they exist. It’s that simple!
I have a computer with Windows 7 Home Premium that can’t log in to the only administrator account on the computer. I’ve cleared the password using a boot CD but it comes up with an error about the User Profile service or something similar to that. I can log in using any of the standard user accounts. Is there anyway to promote one of the standard users to administrator?
When you use a standard account, you can’t install or uninstall software, delete files that are required for the computer to work, or change settings on the computer that affect other users. In this tutorial we’ll show you how to change a standard user to administrator using a bootable CD.
How to Change A Standard User to Administrator without Logging In?
Use another computer to download Password Recovery Bundle. After installing it, launch the program. Click on the “Windows Password” button. Follow the on-screen steps to make a bootable password reset CD.
Boot your target computer from the CD (you might have to adjust the BIOS to allow booting from the CD). When the PCUnlocker program launches, it displays a list of local user accounts on the screen.
Choose a standard user account and click on “Reset Password” button. You’ll be prompted to confirm your operation as shown below.
Click Yes to continue. The program will remove your current password and promote your standard account to administrator quickly.
Restart the computer and remove the CD. You can then log in to your standard user account with a blank password. After getting into Windows, you can perform any administrative task as usual become you’ve successfully promoted the existing standard user account to administrator.
So you’ve forgotten your Windows virtual machine password? Here’s how to reset it. These instructions focus on resetting lost Windows VM password in VMware Player, but there’s no reason you couldn’t do it using VMware Workstation or VMware vSphere / ESX.
How to Reset Lost Windows VM Password in VMware Player?
- Download the zipped ISO image of PCUnlocker and save it on your physical machine. Unzip the download file and you’ll get a bootable ISO image file: pcunlocker.iso.
- Start VMware Player, choose the virtual machine with a forgotten Windows password, then click on “Edit virtual machine settings”.
- Select the “CD/DVD (IDE)” option, then in the right panel, select “Use ISO image file” and click the Browse button to locate the pcunlocker.iso file you’ve downloaded. Click OK to save your changes.
- Now we need to get the virtual machine to boot from the ISO image. But the virtual machine is booting too fast that makes it difficult to access the Boot Menu. The way of this problem is to increase the boot delay. Find the .vmx file that contains the settings for your virtual machine. Open the .vmx file with NotePad and add the following line and save it.
bios.bootdelay = “20000″
- Power on your virtual machine. You’ll see a 20 seconds delay when the virtual machine loads up, giving you plenty of time to press the ESC key and access the Boot Menu.
- Choose the CD-ROM Drive from the Boot Menu and press Enter. The virtual machine will then boot from PCUnlocker ISO image.
- In less than one minute, PCUnlocker program will start and it displays a list of Windows local accounts existing in your virtual machine. Choose a user account and click on “Reset Password” button. It will unlock / reset your forgotten Windows password instantly.
- Restart the virtual machine and let it boot from virtual hard drive, you can then log back in to Windows without a password! It’s that simple!
So this is how can you reset lost Windows VM password in VMware Player. It works with all versions of Windows operating system, including Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
Forgot the administrator password on your Windows 8 Dell XPS tablet? How to reset Windows 8 password so you get back into your computer? In this article we’ll show you a simple but effective method to reset lost Windows 8 password on Dell XPS Tablet PCs.
How to Reset Lost Windows 8 Password on Dell XPS Tablet?
After you have created a PCUnlocker Live USB drive, connect it to your Dell XPS tablet which requires a password reset. Turn on the tablet PC and hit F2 from keyboard dock or volume- rocker at startup, and then disable the Secure Boot option in the BIOS. Apply settings and Exit.
Hit F2 from keyboard dock or hold down volume+ rocker at power-on. Choose your PCUnlocker Live USB drive and press Enter. Your tablet will load the WinPE operating system from your USB drive. After a while, you’ll see the PCUnlcoker program. The program displays a list of Windows 8 user accounts existing in your Dell XPS tablet.
Choose a user account and click on Reset Password button. The program will reset your lost Windows 8 password and also unlock/enable your user account when it’s necessary. Now click on Restart button to reboot the computer and remove the PCUnlocker Live USB drive.
After booting to the Windows 8 login screen, just leave the password box empty and you can log back into your Windows 8 user account immediately. It’s so easy to reset a forgotten Windows 8 password on Dell XPS tablet PC.