Forgot the admin password on Windows 8 UEFI/GPT computer? Most of password recovery bootdisks won’t boot normally any more when dealing with UEFI BIOS. PCUnlocker should be the unique bootdisk which is fully compatible with UEFI/GPT computer. It enables you to reset lost Windows 8 password with a UEFI bootable CD or USB drive.
There are three editions of PCUnlocker: Standard, Pro and Enterprise. But only the Enterprise edition supports UEFI booting. In this tutorial we’re going to show you how to reset lost Windows 8 UEFI password using PCUnlocker Enterprise.
Step 1: Create A UEFI Bootable CD or USB Drive
After purchasing the full version of PCUnlocker Enterprise, you’ll get the download link of PCUnlocker_UEFI_x64.zip. Unzip it and you’ll get the UEFI bootable ISO image of PCUnlocker. Burn the ISO image to a blank CD or USB flash drive using ISO2Disc.
Step 2: Boot Your Locked PC from CD/USB Drive
Connect the CD or USB drive to your locked Windows 8 UEFI computer. Turn on the computer and press a key like F12 to bring up the Boot Menu. The exact key depends on your computer. If you can’t find a way to access the Boot Menu, you can either head over to BIOS for changing the boot order: set CD or USB drive as the first boot option.
Step 3: Windows 8 UEFI Password Reset
Now the computer will boot from the CD/USB drive. After a while, you’ll see the PCUnlocker program itself, which automatically searches your Windows 8 SAM registry file and locates all Windows 8 user accounts existing on your computer.
Choose a user account and then click on “Reset Password” button. The program will remove / reset your lost Windows 8 password, as well as unlocking the selected user account in case it is disabled, locked out or expired.
Remove the Live CD/USB drive and restart your computer. Now you can log back into your Windows 8 UEFI computer without a password!
Why do we need to convert AVI to MP4? MP4 is the most commonly supported video format on portable media devices such as iPhone, iPad, HTC, PSP, iPod, tablet and so on. Unlike AVI, MP4 video gives a high quality output and smaller in file size because of its high compression, which makes it the preferred choice of video format in most portable media devices.
Video Converter Assist is a simple yet powerful AVI to MP4 converter which can help you convert AVI to MP4 without any quality loss. Follow the steps below to see how simple it is to perform the AVI to MP4 conversion task in Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
Part 1: Download and Install Video Converter Assist
- Click here to download the setup package of Video Converter Assist and save it in a place that is easy to find, such as your PC desktop.
- When the download is complete, double-click the download file to run the installation wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Part 2: Convert AVI to MP4 Video in 3 Steps
- Launch the Video Converter Assist program. Click the “Add File” button to add your .AVI video files on your computer. This program supports batch conversion and allows you to convert multiple video files at one time.
- Simply choose “MPEG-4 Video Files (*.mp4)” as the output format, and then specify an output folder for saving the converted .MP4 video files.
- Click the “Convert Now!” button to begin your conversion. After the AVI to MP4 conversion is complete, you can go to the output folder to play the converted MP4 video files, or sync them to your portable devices.
If you have some MP4 files that you need to convert to AVI, Video Converter Assist can also help you encode them for playing on your Mac – the resulting output files will be playable on any Mac or Windows computer.
We are needing to perform a repair installation of our MS SQL Server 2012 installation and cannot locate our original product key. Is there some way in which we can recover our product key from the existing machine’s registry before we uninstall and re-install the software?
Lost of misplaced your SQL Server 2012 CD key? Is there any way to recover the product key from an installed instance of SQL Server 2012? Beginning with SQL Server 2005, Microsoft started encrypting the product key in the registry which means you won’t be able to find it that way. But don’t worry, you can recover it easily with Product Key Finder program.
How to Recover SQL Server 2012 Product Key (CD Key)?
- Download and install Product Key Finder, and then start the program.
- Click the Start Recovery button, it will bring up a drop-down menu that provides three recovery mode: From current system, From non-booting system and From remote computer.
- Select the From current system mode from the drop-down menu. This program will automatically scan your Windows registry, quickly find your lost SQL Server 2012 product key, along with license keys of Windows, Office and other programs.
- Now click on the Save To File button. It allows you to export the product keys into a text file.
In addition to find SQL Server CD key, this great little utility also retrieves the product keys for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office and many other applications.
I have a little sister who enjoys deleting folders and files that are important to me. I need an easy way to password protect my folders! How do I protect my folders and files from being deleted, or hide them from my sister?
We all have files on our system that are valuable to us and that we do not want to lose. This can be anything imaginable, from Office documents to images or video files. Luckily there is a simple program called Protect My Folders, which allows you to lock and password protect your folders. It prevents your data from being accessed, misused, moved, copied, altered or deleted. All of your protected folders and files remain inaccessible without your password.
How to Lock and Password Protect Your Folder in Windows?
- Download the Protect My Folders application. Install it on your computer.
- For the first time usage, it will ask you to set a password to prevent others from accessing this application. Just enter the password to open main interface.
- Now, click the “Add/Lock” button, the Add Files and Folders dialog will appear. Select a folder and file you want to lock and press OK.
- Now you’ll notice the selected folder or file has disappeared from its former location. Even if you try to copy, delete, move or rename the parent directory of your protected folder or file, you’ll keep getting the “Access Denied” error.
- Exit the Protect My Folders application. The protected folder or file remains protected.
Beside locking your folders or files with password, Protect My Folder program can also help you hide your folders so that no one will ever know that they exist. It’s that simple!
I have a computer with Windows 7 Home Premium that can’t log in to the only administrator account on the computer. I’ve cleared the password using a boot CD but it comes up with an error about the User Profile service or something similar to that. I can log in using any of the standard user accounts. Is there anyway to promote one of the standard users to administrator?
When you use a standard account, you can’t install or uninstall software, delete files that are required for the computer to work, or change settings on the computer that affect other users. In this tutorial we’ll show you how to change a standard user to administrator using a bootable CD.
How to Change A Standard User to Administrator without Logging In?
Use another computer to download Password Recovery Bundle. After installing it, launch the program. Click on the “Windows Password” button. Follow the on-screen steps to make a bootable password reset CD.
Boot your target computer from the CD (you might have to adjust the BIOS to allow booting from the CD). When the PCUnlocker program launches, it displays a list of local user accounts on the screen.
Choose a standard user account and click on “Reset Password” button. You’ll be prompted to confirm your operation as shown below.
Click Yes to continue. The program will remove your current password and promote your standard account to administrator quickly.
Restart the computer and remove the CD. You can then log in to your standard user account with a blank password. After getting into Windows, you can perform any administrative task as usual become you’ve successfully promoted the existing standard user account to administrator.
So you’ve forgotten your Windows virtual machine password? Here’s how to reset it. These instructions focus on resetting lost Windows VM password in VMware Player, but there’s no reason you couldn’t do it using VMware Workstation or VMware vSphere / ESX.
How to Reset Lost Windows VM Password in VMware Player?
- Download the zipped ISO image of PCUnlocker and save it on your physical machine. Unzip the download file and you’ll get a bootable ISO image file: pcunlocker.iso.
- Start VMware Player, choose the virtual machine with a forgotten Windows password, then click on “Edit virtual machine settings”.
- Select the “CD/DVD (IDE)” option, then in the right panel, select “Use ISO image file” and click the Browse button to locate the pcunlocker.iso file you’ve downloaded. Click OK to save your changes.
- Now we need to get the virtual machine to boot from the ISO image. But the virtual machine is booting too fast that makes it difficult to access the Boot Menu. The way of this problem is to increase the boot delay. Find the .vmx file that contains the settings for your virtual machine. Open the .vmx file with NotePad and add the following line and save it.
bios.bootdelay = “20000″
- Power on your virtual machine. You’ll see a 20 seconds delay when the virtual machine loads up, giving you plenty of time to press the ESC key and access the Boot Menu.
- Choose the CD-ROM Drive from the Boot Menu and press Enter. The virtual machine will then boot from PCUnlocker ISO image.
- In less than one minute, PCUnlocker program will start and it displays a list of Windows local accounts existing in your virtual machine. Choose a user account and click on “Reset Password” button. It will unlock / reset your forgotten Windows password instantly.
- Restart the virtual machine and let it boot from virtual hard drive, you can then log back in to Windows without a password! It’s that simple!
So this is how can you reset lost Windows VM password in VMware Player. It works with all versions of Windows operating system, including Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
Forgot the administrator password on your Windows 8 Dell XPS tablet? How to reset Windows 8 password so you get back into your computer? In this article we’ll show you a simple but effective method to reset lost Windows 8 password on Dell XPS Tablet PCs.
How to Reset Lost Windows 8 Password on Dell XPS Tablet?
After you have created a PCUnlocker Live USB drive, connect it to your Dell XPS tablet which requires a password reset. Turn on the tablet PC and hit F2 from keyboard dock or volume- rocker at startup, and then disable the Secure Boot option in the BIOS. Apply settings and Exit.
Hit F2 from keyboard dock or hold down volume+ rocker at power-on. Choose your PCUnlocker Live USB drive and press Enter. Your tablet will load the WinPE operating system from your USB drive. After a while, you’ll see the PCUnlcoker program. The program displays a list of Windows 8 user accounts existing in your Dell XPS tablet.
Choose a user account and click on Reset Password button. The program will reset your lost Windows 8 password and also unlock/enable your user account when it’s necessary. Now click on Restart button to reboot the computer and remove the PCUnlocker Live USB drive.
After booting to the Windows 8 login screen, just leave the password box empty and you can log back into your Windows 8 user account immediately. It’s so easy to reset a forgotten Windows 8 password on Dell XPS tablet PC.
What to do if you forgot Windows 8 password? Is there a way to remove Windows 8 password without logging in? In a worst case scenario, where you don’t have a password reset disk nor have access to the only administrator account, Password Recovery Bundle can help. In this post, we will guide you through step-by-step procedure of removing Windows 8 password using a bootable CD or USB flash drive.
How to Remove Windows 8 Password When You Forgot It?
Download Password Recovery Bundle and save it to any computer you can access. Double-click on the setup file and install it. Launch the program and click on Windows Password button. From the pop-up dialog you can create a bootable Windows password removal CD or USB flash drive.
After the password removal CD/USB drive is created, reboot your locked Windows 8 PC and access system BIOS menu by pressing ESC, F2, F10, F9 or other BIOS key. Head over to Boot menu and set CD or Removable Drive as first boot option. Once boot priority is changed, save the changes and reboot the computer.
If you have changed the boot order successfully, the computer will boot from the CD/USB drive and start the Reset Windows Password utility after a while. From the program’s interface, you can see the Windows 8 SAM registry file and a list of Windows local user accounts.
Select a user account and click on Reset Password button. It will remove your forgotten Windows 8 password quickly. After that, remove the CD/USB drive and restart the computer. You can then log into your Windows 8 user account with a blank password.
When you forget your password or the administrator’s password for your Windows 7 machine, it can be a real pain attempting to login to your system. Luckily there is a free Windows 7 password reset tool – NTPWEdit.
NTPWEdit is a free tool that allows to change or remove passwords for local system accounts. This tools supports Windows NT based systems (like Windows 2000, XP and Vista), but could be used also to reset the password of a Windows 7 system.
How to Reset Windows 7 Password with NTPWEdit
NTPWEdit only works if you access the Windows installation offline and boot from a second Windows system. So before getting started to reset Windows 7 password, you need to create a bootable Windows PE USB flash drive and then copy the NTPWEdit utility to the USB drive. Next, boot your locked Windows 7 PC from the USB drive and perform password resetting, by follow these steps:
- Take the USB drive you’ve created to the Windows 7 PC on which you need to reset password. Insert the USB drive into the USB port and turn on the computer.
- Once your computer boots from the USB drive, it will load the Windows PE operating system. If the computer still boots from your hard drive, you will probably need to change the boot order in your BIOS so that it can boot from the USB drive.
- After booting into Windows PE, launch the NTPWEdit utility inside your USB drive.
- Once the utility opens, click on the “…” button to specify the path to your Windows 7 SAM file. On most systems this is c:\windows\system32\config\sam.
- Click the (Re)open button. It will show you a list of local user accounts existing in your Windows installation.
- Choose a user account and then click the “Change Password” button. Type a new password on the NTPWEdit screen. Retype that same password to confirm it. You can also left the password field blank to remove the existing Windows 7 password.
- Click on “Save changes” button and Exit.
Remove the USB drive and restart the computer. You can then log in to your Windows 7 system with a blank or a new password. So this is how can you reset Windows 7 password for free, using the freeware NTPWEdit. However, if you can’t get it to work or need a much easier password recovery software, then the Reset Windows Password utility should be the best choice for you.
Have you forgotten your Windows password and can’t log on to your computer? Just changed your Windows user account password a few days ago and now forgot it? Is there a way to break Windows password without data loss? With the help of a password breaker utility called Reset Windows Password, you can break into Windows user account easily after forgetting your password.
Reset Windows Password is one of the best Windows password breaker utilities out there. It runs from a boot disk and helps you remove forgotten Windows password instantly while leaving all of your files, documents, pictures, programs and settings as they were. Quickly obtain access to your locked-out Windows NT-based systems.
This article will walk you through how to break into a Windows PC using the Windows password breaker mentioned above.
How to Break into A Windows PC with Windows Password Breaker?
First, download the Reset Windows Password utility on another PC in order to make a bootable Windows password breaker CD/USB drive. After the download is complete, extract the ISO image file from the zip and burn the ISO to a CD or DVD using your favorite ISO Burning program such as ISO2Disc or ImgBurn.
Now move to the locked computer with a Windows user account you need to break into, either insert the CD/DVD or the USB flash drive what you opted for and select it as the first boot device in computer BIOS.
Once you have booted into it you will see that the computer is loading the Windows PE operating system inside the CD/USB drive. After one or two minutes, the Reset Windows Password program will open up and automatically detect the SAM registry files for all your Windows installations.
Choose the SAM registry file for your Windows installation, it will show you all the user accounts that are associated with your Windows system. Select the user account you forgot password of, and then click on “Reset Password” button. It will break/reset your forgotten Windows password instantly!
After you are completed with all the above steps successfully, remove the Windows password breaker CD/USB drive and restart the computer. you can then happily log back into your computer without a password.
As you can see, if you have lost or forgot administrator password for your system, all is not lost. The Windows password breaker utility possesses the ability to penetrate locked out systems and restore access to user accounts and data. The tool should only be used only on systems for which you possess complete ownership and/or administrative authority.